Corrine Thomas is founder and director of Choices Coaching which specialises in working with people who are stuck, overwhelmed and unsure on what to do next in their careers.
Corrine has been in leadership roles for 15 years and is passionate about developing high performing and engaged teams through use of mentoring and coaching. Her experience lies predominately with preparing people who have worked in largely technology based roles for excelling in leadership roles.
She is a certified Executive Coach, Fireworks Career Coach, NLP Master Practitioner and holds specialist certification to use NLP based therapies with children and young people.
This is combined with over 25 years’ knowledge and hands-on experience of IT and business change across a range of sectors including Local Government, Healthcare, Telecoms and Financial Services sectors. Having spent many years working in the fast changing environment of business change alongside bringing up two daughters, Corrine has a good understanding and many insights of the challenges faced by professionals unsure about their careers.
In her coaching, Corrine creates an environment for her clients that is both supportive and challenging. She helps her clients to think creatively and intuitively about their careers and enable them to find new insights and perspectives. After working with Corrine, clients have clarity on their next steps and the confidence to make it happen. Recent clients have said:
"A calm, insightful, non-judgmental practitioner who has a genuine motivation to use her skills to help those around her to develop themselves."
"Corrine is an experienced, knowledgeable and insightful career coach using NLP tools and techniques together with her deep understanding of people and behaviours to help others achieve their potential."
"Every time I work with Corrine I always come away having picked up a real gem of personal discovery."
When not working Corrine loves to be outdoors either on her bike or trekking and has recently been lucky enough to visit the Himalayas where she has trekked in both the Annapurna region of Nepal and in Bhutan.
Representative Client engagement:
Participated in a group which designed and created an Operational Leadership Programme for a leading entertainment and communications business. During delivery of the programme modules, facilitated the groups and provided individual coaching over the period of the programme.
Created a competency framework for Business Analysts and Project Managers within a large Business Change function in the Financial Services sector. This formed the basis for recruitment and staff performance reviews within the function.
Defined the outline for an internal coaching strategy within a large Telecoms company. This was designed to cater for the coaching needs of staff across the whole company from individuals in specialist roles to members of the executive team. The strategy aimed to make use of a combination of external coaches plus a pool of trained internal coaches.
Successfully coached and mentored individuals seeking to achieve higher performance in their work.
Provided CV review, mentoring and coaching to young professionals looking for their first role in Business Analysis.
Areas of Expertise:
- Leadership Coaching
- Individual Coaching
- Career Transition Coaching
- Recruitment and Performance Management
- Team building and engagement
- Facilitating the creation of vision and strategic roadmaps
- Business process review & design
Client Types & Levels of Experience:
- Teams and individuals in transition
- People moving into leadership roles
- Young professionals making career decisions post University
Cultural, Multi-National Experience:
- Channel Islands
Clients from Private, Public and Not for profit sectors:
- Financial Services – delivered workshops on mastering effective communication, plus had a number of individual coaching clients
- Telecoms – Leadership coaching, performance management, recruitment.
- Education - Delivered confidence building workshop to group of 9 and 10-year-old pupils in a school, plus workshop with the teachers at school.
Professional / Corporate Experience:
- Head of Practice for large Business Analysis teams in centralised Business Change functions in both the telecoms and financial services sectors
- Elected volunteer director with the IIBA UK
- Founding member and Director of Business Analysis Managers Forum
- Examiner for the Business Analysis Diploma Oral exams
Training and Education:
- Executive Coaching Diploma
- Professional Clean Coach & Clean Language Practitioner
- NLP Master Practitioner & Trainer
- Specialised NLP and coaching training for working with children and young people
- MIRO Practitioner
- Diploma in Business Analysis
- Foundation certificate in Lean
- Association of NLP (ANLP)
- International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA)
- Chartered Institute of IT (BCS)
Real Community Service (RCS)
- Voluntary coaching to support people with Chronic fatigue.
- Providing voluntary mentoring for Business Analysts through the IIBA UK mentoring scheme